Utilizing hangover kits and hangover pills that work to combat hangover symptoms are definitely one of our favorite recent party trends. Celebrating with your best friends and family is an exciting affair. Whether you are all meeting in Las Vegas, having a night on the town, or hosting an elegant cocktail party, giving your guests their own hangover recovery kit is a fun and useful party favor. They will thank you the next morning!
About 75% of the population experiences a hangover at least once in their lifetime.1 In fact, at any given time, more than 25% of college students report having suffered from a hangover at some point over the previous week.2 Hangover survival kits, anyone?
As you know, alcohol hangovers can be very unpleasant. We’d be lying if we said we’d never been there with the head-splitting hangover headache, bloodshot eyes, and hangover muscle aches that never make for the best next day. As a matter of fact, the amount of fun we have on Saturday night may be directly related to the amount of misery we feel Sunday morning. It’s always important to remember that alcohol is a toxin, which explains why your body reacts the way it does to that one last glass of wine.
So, the best way to avoid this feeling of misery and keep your entourage happy at the same time is by creating fun hangover survival kits, which can be adapted for a variety of situations: weddings, birthdays, bachelorette or bachelor parties, trips with friends, and holidays.
This way, when the lethargy hits the next day, these hangover kits will come in handy to help your friends or guests get through it and continue celebrating the special moments.
If you have time, this is a fairly easy DIY project to tackle. Below are a few of our favorite hangover recovery kit ideas.
Hangover Kit for Weddings
Your guests will appreciate a few goodies to help recover from your epic celebration. Tuck them into guests' welcome bags or display the hangover recovery kits near the exit at the end of the reception for everyone to pick up on their way out — they'll thank you the next morning, guaranteed.
- Bottled water (with a personalized sticker): to stay hydrated
- Purple Tree or Advil: to prevent that banging headache
- Tums: for the hangover nausea and heartburn
- Hand sanitizer: to prevent a cold
- Chapstick (lip balm): for instant lip moisture
- Vitamin C: to replenish the vitamins lost
- Gum/mints: to freshen up the breath
Hangover Kit for A Bachelorette Party (or A Girls Weekend)
Bachelorette party favors can be little treats to help the bride and friends survive the bachelorette party weekend, or simply a girls’ weekend. Hangover survival or recovery kits (or some might call it Bridal Emergency Kit) are a nice way of easing the pain after the night on the town and providing supplies for the day activities. Try to include things that the guests will use again.
- Sunglasses: to hide the drunk eyes Water: to keep hydrated
- Hair ties: to hold your hair back
- Mints: to freshen up your breath
- Band-Aid: in case you fall
- Lipstick and nail polish: to spice things up
- Hangover prevention pills: to combat hangover symptoms and replenish B vitamins for your hangover
Hangover Kit for A Bachelor Party
Every good guys’ night out has a little collateral damage the next day. Be it a bachelor party, birthday bash, or simply a guys’ weekend in Las Vegas, you may want to show some kindness to your friends and party goers and send them out into the world with a hangover recovery kit.
Fill your DYI hangover kits with things that will take the edge off the morning after and also help your pals clean up nicely. Here are some ideas:
- Travel-size mouthwash, toothpaste, and deodorant: to stay fresh and clean
- Eye drops: to whiten and soothe red eyes
- Purple Tree: to combat alcohol’s negative effects and replenish B vitamins
- Tums: for nausea and heartburn
- 5-Hour Energy: for that needed morning boost
- Gatorade: to replenish the electrolytes your body needs
- Granola Bar: a healthy choice to pad your stomachs with some nutrients
Hangover Kit for 21st Birthday
When it comes to the big 2-1, there are many roads one can take when it comes to planning a party night. Some opt for the classic house party, others may choose to spend their whole night at one specific bar, while the brave go for the all-out bar crawl. Whatever path you decide to stumble down when it comes to drinking alcohol, a hangover recovery kit can be a handy tool to survive the next morning. And your friends will thank you dearly. Here are some ideas:
- Ginger ale: to help soothe the stomach
- Vitamin C: to replace the vitamins lost
- Gift certificate to fast food places: for the late-night snack
- 5-Hour Energy: to give you some energy
- Chapstick (lip balm): for your next-day dry mouth
- Hangover prevention pills (like Purple Tree)
- Gum: to freshen up your breath
Final tips: Building the Ultimate Hangover Kit
Show up to the party hydrated, with a full stomach, and plenty of sleep under your belt and you’ll fare better than if you don’t.
Of course, avoiding excessive alcohol consumption altogether removes the risk of experiencing hangover effects, but where’s the fun in that? Drink alcohol responsibly and do what you can to avoid regretting the following morning., But remember that your hangover kits will come in handy for you and your guests and make for a more special and healthier celebration.
For a healthier day